Nitro Volleyball Club was created in 2002 by owners Brandy and Andy Gass. Nitro's main purpose is to provide a vehicle for youth female athletes to participate in competitive volleyball, while instilling values of good sportsmanship, cooperation, self-discipline and confidence. With quality coaching, teamwork, and individual determination, young athletes can achieve a high level of success. Our club gives each athlete the opportunity to improve skills, increase experience and build friendships. Nitro is about building club teams with a variety of athletic talents and personalities. Our goal is to select athletes that will be ambassadors and represent the club both on and off the court. We want to develop well-rounded athletes, because lessons they learn from volleyball will be with them forever.
There will be 9 to 11 players per team. Each athlete will play an important role for her team. It is important to remember that our main goal is to help each player improve and foster their love of the game.
The Story Behind the Creation of Nitro.
The AVCA approached Nitro Director Andy Gass about publishing an article about Nitro Volleyball Club. Read more and see how Nitro got started.
Director Brandy Gass USA Volleyball published article about developing younger players.
"Our daughter Barbara started with Nitro when she was a 13's. It was the only club she ever wanted to play for. They have been like a family to her. She even went back this summer at age 19 to help coach the summer camps and clinics. Andy and Brandy Gass treat all the Nitro players like family and have each girl's best interest at heart!"
"It was a privilege to be able to play with Nitro Volleyball Club my last three years of high school, and to continue to stay involved with the club after high school. The coaches were always extremely helpful and were always there for extra help if needed. Nitro provided me with the coaches, skills, and confidence to continue my volleyball career to the college level, and I am proud to say that I was involved in such a fantastic club."
Monica Litle, Univeristy of St. Thomas
"I was a senior libero at Georgia State University and I played with Nitro for the longer part of my club career. Nitro provided me with the skill and confidence to play at the Division I level. The coaching staff is one of a kind and the overall experience (travel, teammates, environment) was priceless. The size of the club provided me with a ton of one on one attention from my coaches and I always felt pride in that I was a part of a fantastic club."
Audrey Cantrell, Georgia State University
Why Choose NitroPlayers will enjoy.
- Fun, excited and encouraging staff and coaches.
- On court instruction by IMPACT and CAP certified coaches.
- New Sport Courts and top of the line net systems.
- Professional personal trainers with Crull Fitness will provide strength, agility and conditioning sessions to improve quickness on the court and players' vertical.
- Camps, skill specific clinics, boot camps and private lessons offered.
- Classroom instruction and lessons including viewing team and individual video in the team meeting/film room.
Parents will enjoy.
- Clean, comfortable and safe environment.
- Professional and courteous staff.
- Free WiFi
- Parent lounge to relax during practices.
- Court observation room to watch practices without dodging volleyballs.
- Discounted Memberships to any Crull Fitness location with access to equipment while your daughter is training on the courts.
- Convenient Store for player gear and spirit wear.
- Boot Camps and fitness classes offered by Crull Fitness Trainers.